Sunday, March 9, 2008

Coming Through It

I found out Friday (before we were hastily dismissed due to inclement weather) that I got the job! What job you say? It's a new position that was vacated by another girl at work. Our department got a new commissioner back in December and he needs an assistant. The position was created and it was filled by my girlfriend. I applied for her job and got it. I will be support staff to 2 attorneys and four investigators. Since the new commissioner has come on board, this section of the office has become very, very busy and very stressed. I'm scared. I've been doing my same job for a lot of years. Not even sure now for how long...over 10, I know! I've been very bored for about the past year or so with what I'm doing. Stuck in a rut. I'm very nervous about this job. I can do it. I KNOW I can do it. It's just learning a few new things and worrying about personality conflicts. My new supervisor has been a good friend for a lot of years. It'll be awkward but God will see me through. I'll be working for a whole new set of people-but people I've worked with for years. I'm relying on Him. He has taken care of me.
The last year and a half has been hard. Financially we have really struggled. But coming out on the other side-Lord, I hope this is the other side-I can, of course see how He has been there all along. After having to ask for help, which is completely humbling, we've been able to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Trying to get back on top, we still have a few debts to pay-you know who you are. It's coming. We haven't forgotten. We wouldn't have made it with out the help. Again, it was very hard, and very humbling and I love you. Thank you. This new job has actually been the second 'promotion' that I've gotten within the last year. About this time last year I got a grade increase (don't ask - state government). I was still doing the same thing-just a new job title and an increase in pay. And this new job will be an increase. I was told Friday that I start this new job on Monday. I still have some loose ends to tie up with my, I guess, old job but it's no big deal. Pray for me this week, please.
Thankful to be coming through,
~Shannon

3 comments:

Stacy Wilson said...

Congratulations Shannon!!!!

Beth said...

Congrats Shannon! I know you'll do a great job. Praise God for this blessing in your life!
~Beth

Leah said...

How wonderful! The Lord always knows our needs and His direction and timing is amazing. We celebrate this new beginning with you. Keep trusting in Him to show and teach you what you need and ALWAYS give Him the glory!
Congrats!
Leah