Saturday, March 22, 2008

Texas...the first of many posts (and pics)

Well, the trip started out Friday morning-not really. Mike was feeling some numbness in his arm so he ran to the doc real quick. My parents were to follow us and I figured they'd wig on us because OF COURSE....we were not on time. After a quick trip to the doc...he was fine - possible pinched nerve - We finally headed out - - at 1:00! 3 hours later than anticipated. It was a beautiful, warm, sunny day. Great for travel.
I SO need a pedicure. I love to keep my feet on the dashboard.
Mike listening to Kody's IPOD while at the wheel.
We take our little DVD TV on trips with us. OK, so really, it's not so little. It's pretty much a small TV that we put on our console. We've had it for about 4 years and got it before the little portable ones came out. This one still works and even has a bigger screen. Why buy new?
Top Gun is always on the playlist for trips.

This must have been before the nap.

The W is for warm...
Don't mind the yellow sign - look at the one behind it. We passed it so fast I couldn't really catch where and what time the auditions were to be held. DANG....missed it again!
Dallas traffic....right at rush hour. FUN!
The big D
Finally....
We headed straight to the baseball field. We got there just in time to watch the JV play. The field is really nothing to speak of. Kind of neat, I guess. It used to be a minor league lots of years ago and railroad tracks run right beside it. My brother said players used to hop on the trains and ride from city to city, from field to field. I didn't get my camera out but I thought it was pretty cool at the tradition of the place.
After the game we headed to the pizza place.

Carson won this out of a gaming machine.

Too bad he didn't get any manly bling.

Chase and Kyle trying to rock the game machine to get a better prize.

Always good to visit with family.

Carson and Nana

Kyle and Carson in front of the tube gaming.

Kody and Carson busting a move in the car. Pause the music from the playlist on the right of my blog to watch.

They are such DORKS!

The end of day 1. Early to bed. Tomorrow is the big day.

~Shannon

1 comments:

Amy said...

You didn't disappoint me with the amount of pictures you took! Love it! Looks like you all had a great time!
You looked VERY pretty at church this morning!