Saturday, March 22, 2008

Texas Baseball (2nd post)

This post is all pictures that I had fun taking over the weekend. I SO want to take a beginners photography class. I know-I know...you want me too, also, huh?
This was taken from the front gate of the Texas Rangers Ballpark...the new Cowboys stadium. It's pretty impressive. GI-NOR-MOUS. Notice the street sign?
I love Nolan Ryan!
Nolan's Retired Number











As you can see by the pictures, there weren't many people there. We were told to stay between the foul poles. In other words, don't go into the outfield stands. I kinda sweet talked an older security guard into letting me. I know I took an insane amount of pictures (about 400). As much as I love baseball, I've never been to a pro game - so this was really fun for me. Plus, we pretty much had run of the place. Don't get too bored with the pics. Don't laugh, Amy - I know there's a lot!

Nolan Ryan statue. The marble around it was carved with his stats. It also said When he came he was an all star-when he left he was a legend.





Texas 'T' - straightaway center field.
I love this one....the moon
And this one...
The main gate

Cowboy stadium
On the way home we took a tour through the older part of Waxahachie - not intentionally - we got lost - again! The town is considered the Gingerbread capital of Texas because of it's Queen Anne architecture. The houses are so pretty and quaint.

My niece Taylor in the middle and her Mom, Lisa. Ashley, to the left is Taylor's friend who hung out with us for the day.







More to come. I have tons more!
~Shannon


0 comments: