Monday, April 20, 2009

Sweet 16

Today Chase turns 16.
Sweet 16.
At 8:44 a.m. to be exact.His due date was April 23rd and I was actually scheduled to be induced on April 21 which was a Thursday. I decided I would take the day before (Wednesday, April 20th) off from work to rest and prepare. I had gotten up some time in the night and went to lay in Kody's bed. I don't really remember why now but I do know that Kody wasn't in there when I woke up. He must have come and crawled in bed with Mike and I and somehow I ended up in his bed. I woke up around 6:45 knowing that I needed to get Kody up and ready for school. I laid there for a few minutes and contractions hit. After about 20 or so minutes of trying to decide if that's really what it was I woke Mike up and told him that I thought this was it. We called my mom to come and get Kody. I took a shower and walked around our small little tri-plex waiting on my mom. We left the house at about 7:30ish. Can you say rush hour traffic? As I almost pull the seat belt off the door we arrive at the hospital. Mike parks all wampy-jawwed in the front of the hospital and we make it up to LDR. We walk through the waiting room at 8:10 am. I get changed and 'roll' into bed at 8:15.
Chase was born at 8:44.
In a fashion only true to Chase...he just could not wait.
We certainly did not have a boy name picked out.
Had he been a girl he would have been Madison Marie.
Marie after my Grannie who passed away when I was pregnant with him. We finally name him about an hour before we left the hospital.
Hayden Chase.
Chase.
Hmmmm.
Mike used to say when he was much younger and much more ADHD that had we known he was to be a wild child we would have named him Pokey....instead of Chase.
All I did for years was chase Chase.
He's his own unique person.
And we love him for that.
So happy 16th Pokey....ur, um I mean Chase!
I love you more than you could ever know.
post signature
(Mom)

0 comments: