Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Blue Eyed Horn Tooter

Monday night was Chase's last concert of his Freshman year. They were good, of course-but not quite as good as usual. This concert seemed a little more laid back. The band banquet was weekend before last. Carson had a game at the same time and since Mike missed an earlier concert he got to go to the banquet.
Chase loves the band.
I'm glad. He's good at it.
He was chosen as Freshman representative back early in the school year. He takes it seriously. He was again chosen representative this year. Sophomore rep. He told me they have to carry the water coolers during summer practice. Slopdogs. That's what one of my crazy teacher's (Mr. Fincher) used to call sophomores. I'm sure he'll have other chores as Slopdog rep.
The best picture I could get. (Not sure what's up with blogger's formatting lately. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon because this looks crazy to me.)

The girlfriend

Oh, I forgot to mention. This is the result of cleaning Chase and Carson's room. Yes, it was my fault - and just ask EVERYONE in the ER at Springhill. That was the answer that was given by my two little lovelies when asked what happened. A couple weeks ago I cleaned attempted to clean their room. I took a few a bunch of trophies off of their dresser to dust. The older ones I sat on the floor so I could box them up and put them in the attic along with a bagillion few other trophies from long years past. Do you see where I'm going with this? I was standing at the door to their closet looking for a T-shirt that I wanted to wear...because we are backslidden sinners missed church. As I'm standing there...Chase comes up to me from behind and hugs me and tells me Happy Mother's Day. Ahhhh....thanks, dude! As he turns to walk away....OH NO! yes, yes....he steps on one of those STUPID trophies that I had just thrown in the floor taken such care to clean. ER visit. No stitches. Not enough skin left to sew. Soak it. Wrap it. Crutches.
Milk it for all it's worth!

Chase and girl. You know by now her name is Allison but I call her girl...to aggravate as a term of endearment.


Love that expensive smile!

Sometimes his eyes look so blue. Reminds me of his PeePaw's if they are just blue enough. I think the shirt really brought them out.
We have GOT to get that haircut.


2 of my favorite 4 boys!

~Shannon

0 comments: