Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The CHAMPIONSHIP!

(Be sure and read the post below that starts our trip.)



Back to Round Rock for THE GAME!



This must be what teenage girls do. Although I must say it's not the usual face of Taylor. Usually a sweet girl!




Kyle and Chase waiting anxiously.
Pregame warmup
I like this picture of Tracy.
More crazy pictures.


Now here's a story. My brother (the head coach) started a movement in Waxahachie.


He decides to inspire his players for the playoffs...to motivate...to play as a team.


In a nutshell-he asks them if they were dangling off of the edge of a cliff hanging only by a rope - who would they want holding the other end of the rope?


Your teammates.


He had t-shirts made up for the players. It swept through the school. Everybody wanted to know what Hold the Rope meant.


Our parental unit.


Love this!

Do you think it was a stare down between the two coaches?



Touching home plate after a home run (the only run actually scored by the Indians.)
Now that's what I call going green.
Not such a good game, huh?

My bro.
The panoramic of the field. That, I think, is the coolest setting on my camera.


The final outcome.
Ahhhh....makes me sad.
The final score was 11-1. The Indians got run ruled after the 4th inning. This team was out of Corpus Christi and my brother said he had learned that morning that they were ranked 7th in the nation!
This is Taylor watching her Daddy get his medallion.
Tracy 9you can only see his finger in the middle) talking to his team after the game. He told them there was only 1 other team in the state of Texas better than them.
More interviews.
Awfully long faces.
Aw, cheer up guys.
Chase and Kyle.
These high school kids were signing autographs left and right. It was pretty cool to see.
After the game with the fam.
The 2nd place trophy. He wasn't too pumped about taking a picture with it. He wanted a win.


Kyle and his Nana.
What is this....they are all actually smiling?
My two big brothers....Tracy and Kirk.
Tracy and Mom

The game always has to replayed afterwards.
Looking for trouble, I'm sure.
Mobbed.
Thursday, June 5 was the anniversary of the day Mike asked me to marry him. on the way back from Austin I dropped him off at the ball park to spend time with Tracy and to watch more baseball. I remembered when I got back to the hotel room and I texted him to tell him Happy Anniversary. After the game we go with Kirk and my parents to eat at Chili's. At dinner Mike mentioned to my family that "18 years ago this was the best day of Shannon's life" and he proceeded to tell them why. He then just looked at me with a bizarre look. "We're at Chili's". O M G!!! He proposed to me at Chili's. Weird!


This Chili's was in a little town called Hutto right outside of Round Rock. The high school mascot is, OK, get ready for this....the hippo. Hutto Hippo's. WOW. This hippo was right outside of Chili's and Carson climbs aboard acting like he's a bull rider hippo tamer.


Bored after dinner.
Oh the memories!
Chase roamed around outside after we got back to the hotel. He fond this ginormous toad. Can you see the blue eyelids? Props to Chase for this picture.


Ace Ventura, Pet Detective

Must have been an injury after the wrestling match on the hotel bed.
We decided after letting the boys swim for the morning that we were gonna head to Tracy and Lisa's house and stay the night there. My mom initially was gonna go with us be she decided against it. While heading down the freeway in Round Rock I spotted this restaurant.
Saltgrass Steak House


Mike had eaten at the one in Houstin several years ago when he worked down there. "Best steak ever put in my mouth". I pointed it out to him as we passed by on the freeway. I immediately saw him begin to salivate. "You wanna go?"


"Sure, why not."


We turned around and headed in for lunch. We let the boys get some sort of steak-albeit small ones. Lordy-bee did we have a some beef. Dee-lish! It was a nice little splurge for the boys.


After leaving we stopped to filler up.


GAH!

Carson peeing somewhere in Texas on the side of the road.
We cooked out at my Tracy and Lisa's house Friday night. We hung outside by the grill and played ball - of course.

Sweet little Taylor.

I think that's Taylor's head in the side of that picture.
Could he be any hotter?
Taylor and Me. Lord have mercy look at big toe on that left foot.

Can you believe he was on the phone? Child, please!
Luvin cuzzins

Burgers, bratz and dogs. In the hood.
Another spitting picture
They have a house down the road from them that is the exact replica of the Munster's house (although the real address is NOT 1313 Mockingbird Lane)
My SIL said they decorate for Halloween and have open house.


Now on to Euless, TX BRIGHT and EARLY Saturday morning to watch Kyle play ball. We were out the door by 7 AM. Tracy was pretty proud of us...and we were actually packed to leave for home by then, too!

Gangsta

Carson taking it all in.
I love this picture. Carson givin his daddy a little lovin.
Self portrait.
In between games.

Kyle




We left Euless and drove back thru Dallas to eat at Humperdinks. As we heaed out the dooor to head back home, Carson begged to stay with them to go to his Uncle Tracy's baseball camp. He agreed that he could and we let him.
More on that later.

Oh Lord, what were we thinking?

~Shannon

0 comments: