Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Dad, the Hero

Click on the photo to enlarge.
I found this not too long ago trying to clean out some things. I had forgotten that my mom had given it to me.

That's my Dad. Only his last name is Wood and not Woods (ain't that right Ralph Russell?) I've known of this story for all my life. Click on the picture and you can (hopefully) read it a little better. My Dad was a mail man for forever. As I remember the story he says that he was on his route delivering mail as he was every day. In the midst of his walking something told him to go back and look around a bush. There was the boy hanging by some type of chord from his neck from a clothesline. My Dad ALWAYS carries a pocket knife. He cut the boy down and administered CPR saving his life.

I believe that that something that told my Dad to go back was the urging of God, don't you?
~Shannon

1 comments:

Becky said...

You should look this kid up and see what he is doing now. Kind of like a "reunion"!
I remember this story too. In fact,..I seem to recall my mom and dad (also mail carriers) being the ones who called the newspapers to report this story! They wanted your wonderful dad to get the credit!