Tuesday, June 10, 2008

SURPRISE!

I DID IT! I PULLED IT OFF! I successfully held a surprise party for Mike's 40th birthday. Oh how I've wanted to blog about it, but Mike DOES read my blog on occasion. It was so much fun-but WAY nerve wracking.

the invitations turned out pretty well. Not at all what I wanted but it worked. I told him that I was renting a hotel room just for the two of us....enough said? I ended up getting him to the party non-chalantly (sp?). He was SO surprised!
He has no clue here.

He was surprised with a hilarious gift here!

This is the gift. Tammy made this up for him. Click on the picture to make it bigger. Old, bald and beautiful!

The cake. YUM! It was dee-lish! Friend Angela made this for Mike. Her husband Jeff used to work with Mike years ago and he now coaches Carson..and has for a few years now. Thanks girl. It was gee double-o dee...GOOD!

I made two poster boards full of pictures of Mike. From baby on up. I thought they were a big hit. I also had 2 of his football and track scrapbooks that his momma made sitting out. Mike and Sam checking the pictures out.

Childhood friends Bobby with cutie kids in tow, Shannon Carroll and his wife and Doug. Doug drove all the way from Fayetteville for the party. We missed Laura and the kids but Mike and I both were SO glad he came. It wouldn't have been the same without him.

Kody and Dummy. This is Melissa. Kody's girl. He calls her Dummy. Why does he always act like a goober?

My best friend Lorie Davis and Mike's best friend Doug Quillen.

Lorie told me about this place several months ago. Idlewild House. It belongs to the city of north Little Rock. It's a small building complete with A/C, bathrooms, tables, chairs, stove, fridge, tennis courts and a park. LOVED IT! It was perfect!

Kody and Sam....I swear he's cracked out! (JK)

Mike and the fam. Sister's Lisa and Carol, momma and brother Larry.

Grilled burgers and dogs for everyone!

See, I told you the pictures were a hit!




Luke, Cain and Carson. All the boys stayed outside the WHOLE time and played baseball on the tennis court. Boys can always seem to play ball anywhere.

Kody and Dummy. We LIKE her!

Allison (Chase's girl) and Ms. Cheryl. We love both them both!

John, Bruce, Cheryl and Amy. Ball park people and good friends!

Bruce made a presentation to Mike. Because he is a pharmacist, he gave the gift of geriatric aides. The reading glasses were the first of many of these aides.

Underwear from Sam and Lorie...........................

Mike being presented with his many gifts.

Cheeser! Chase and Allison were such a help with the party!

This was my gift to Mike.

And then this one. The family had reels and reels of old home movies that I have ALWAYS wanted to get converted to DVD. It just so happens that with all the storm damage at the ballpark I happened to come across a web site that does it. http://www.homevideostudio.com/ It cost quite a bit but they had tons of reels. Mike's siblings went in on it which was a TRUE help! Thanks, guys! He was really excited about it!

They all got copies of the DVD's!

Bobby

Chase and his aunties.

Kody = crack!

Chip being...well Chip!

Mike and Bobby and the kiddos.

Lorie and my mom looking at the books.

Bethy

Bruce and Mike.

Angela, Sandy and their crews!

Kody and Beth.

Mike and Shannon Carroll. We all go WAY back! Lots of time spent together at the OLD ballpark as kids.

Noah, Blake and David. Only in for a drink!

What do you do with him? He has ALWAYS done this to his Aunt Lisa!

Chip and Tammy. I could NOT have done it without them! They brought the grill, cooked, helped ice drinks down. I LOVE you guys. Thanks ain't EVEN enough!

Looking forward to the next 40! Love you babe!
~Shannon

0 comments: