Monday, July 7, 2008

Firecrackers and Punks




The 4th started out busy. Mike and Chase headed to the ballpark very early. I had to pick up my brother (Tracy) at the airport at 9 am. After a quick visit at my parents I headed to the park. I guess for no real reason other than my family was there and to fill in where ever I was needed. Ended up at my parents house late in the evening and hung out on the deck with these little firecrackers (punks)...

Carson and Kyle

Being dumb
Showing his Gangsta
He actually let me take his picture. Nana's mop

Who picked that shirt out?


Sunset through the trees.
This is a Christmas gift that me and the boys made for my parents. I bought this stepping stone kit at Michael's. I made 3 stones (one for each boy) and had the phrase "All paths lead to Nana and Poppa's house" on them and had each boy decorate them.

Kody's handprint
Chase's foot
Carson's foot.

The boys stepping stones in the flower bed.



I love the different textures in this picture.
This is a squirrel in the flower bed. An albino squirrel. It was a Mother's Day gift (if I recall correctly) from us to my mom. I didn't even notice the bug hanging from it's mouth until I looked at the pictures later.
My Pawpaw made this chair that sits on my parents deck.

Carson thought this aloe vera plant was the coolest
Homemade ice cream.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

We ended up breaking tradition this year and not going where we've gone for the last several years. We just needed to. An we can no longer shoot fireworks at our house because we have been annexed by Sherwood (woo-hoo - Go Sherwood!). We went to Meemaw's for some entertaining Meemaw dance. Yes, she did a little jig whilst running into the house after the show started. It was quite funny. She did join us and was not nearly as protective as Carson thought she might be. He was glad.

Meemaw, Lisa, Mike and Tracy
Taylor
Kyle with a roman candle. I guess it was a good thing that we were in the parking lot of the fire deaprtment. That way they wouldn't have far to come to when Carson hurt himself or someone else or if they blew something up.
Isn't this the proper way to hold a roman candle?
The 'punks'.
No trips to the ER....
It was a good holiday!
~Shannon

0 comments: