Sunday, September 14, 2008

Muggy Football Talks

A muggy beginning to this football Friday night. SO humid!
Our game was at home this week and Mike just happened to be one of the officials.
That's him at the tip of the flag.

Chase in the stands before the game. The band came out...it rained - they went in. The band came out - it rained! Right before it started raining my friend Becky went to get ponchos and an umbrella for the two of us. We put them on...we took them off. We put them and finally left them on - that is after we had already changed seats 3 times!

Chase in the center of this picture. This year he's playing the mellophone. Ms. D asked him to and he of course said yes. He's a pleaser and that's good. Whatever Ms. D wants...he'll do. I'm glad that he respects her and I'm glad that she thought enough of him to ask him to play it. Although she asked him to play it the day after he got a new trumpet! That's OK, though. She says he's doing good.




No vortex this week. They just came up to the bleachers after the performance and started chanting and cheering. Chase loved it.

Rain...again. Off to the band room.
It was a good night. I couldn't even tell you how the game went (besides the fact they got their tails handed to them). I had great conversation with an amazing woman. Thanks for letting me sit with you. I LOVE every minute of getting to know you better.
And oh yeah...I complained to the new principal this morning at church about the "hoochie dance". Apparently I am one of many.
post signature

1 comments:

Rowdymom said...

I miss those Friday night football games. It sure seems weird not to know the kid wearing #58 this year!