Monday, September 29, 2008

A Water What? Where?

The boys came in the house this weekend telling me that there was a watermelon growing in our backyard.
What?
Whatever.
"Go look"
I was NOT going back there because I'm ashamed to admit that it needed mowing something awful. The back yard doesn't get tended to like the front. It gets mowed about every other time.
Now let me say that the yard is not my department.
Back to my story.
So yesterday after Kody mowed the back yard...(yeah...I said it - Kody mowed it) I trekked on down to check it out.
I could definitely see some sort of vine With big fuzzy yellow blooms
And little curly-q thingy's.

And this is sure enough what was attached.



I love the curly thingy's.
Is it a watermelon?
I suppose so.
I showed the picture to my Dad and he says so.
Not so much the 'season' for watermelon.
It reminds me of the story in Matthew 13.
Our back yard is very rocky so we'll see how it grows.
We'll be keeping an eye on it.
post signature

0 comments: