Thursday, February 21, 2008

On The Mend

I am loving me some Tami flu...and this man.
My pediatrician, Dr. Jerry Byrum. I LOVE this man - along with Tami flu. I'm not exactly sure how bad Carson's flu would have been without this bottle of pure gold. Dr. Byrum has treated my kids from the start. A wonderful Christina man who leads music in his church.
Carson woke up Tuesday morning...with real tears, saying that his head hurt. Mike decided to stay at home with him...WHAT? Thanks, honey! I'm glad you did. He ran a really low grade fever all day and napped for a long time in the early evening. Don't you usually know that your kids are sick when they nap? After his 2 1/2 hour nap he seemed fine and was in a really good mood. Wednesday A.M. - not so good. I stayed home and took him in to the doc. Tests were administered. A strep test-down the throat, always a favorite of Carson's and a flu test-up the nose. No strep. Just the flu. He has felt pretty bad but today I think he's on the down hill slide. Not really any fever to speak of, maybe a little low grade. I guess we'll keep him home tomorrow, too - just for good measure.
My mom and dad stopped by last night to check on Carson and bring him some Popsicle's. Doesn't every sick kid need Popsicle's? I can't believe that I didn't remember to get him any while I was on my nightmare trek to Wal-Mart Yesterday afternoon. Thanks Nanna and Poppa. I guess we'll split the box and bring them right back to ya. She's sick today. I strongly encouraged her to get to the doctor. She said she didn't feel like going. I explained to her (as was explained to me by my fave man pediatrician - not to be confused with my fave female pediatrician Dawn Martin) how Tami flu works. She's gotta get it. I will swear by this stuff from here on out. I DO NOT WANT THIS MESS! One thing I have forgotten to get...to help ward off the evil flu - LYSOL!
Off to Wal-Mart again,
~Shannon

2 comments:

Amy said...

Shannon, I tagged you. Check my blog and try this if you have time...:)

Leah said...

The flu is NAS-TY! Hope it doesn't last long at your house. I always check in on ya, just need to keep "in touch". Tell everyone hello.
Leah