Saturday, February 21, 2009

400

400 Is the amount of miles that my brand spanking new car has on it.
Brand Spankin!
New!
I have never had a brand new car.
It feels kinda good.
The selling point for me?
The moon roof.
I've never had one of those either.
And I love it.
Here it is.
The color is a little lighter than that and pay no mind to the price listed on it.
Cuz that sho nuff ain't the price we paid!
Our Expedition started acting a little crazy last week. I feel as though I need a post about my beloved Expedition all by itself. I LOVE that car. We've had it for 7 years now. It was a used car when we bought it and it had 16,000 miles on it. It has been the best vehicle EVER! I am still SO so in love with that thing. I pray for it.
Yes.
I do.
I pray for my Expedition.
That it lasts a really long time. The ole girl has 177,000 miles on her. And I think she'll go a good ways more.
So anywho.
When it started acting funny I knew that it must be about time. I gently mentioned to Mike that it might be time to start looking for another. (sniff-sniff....sob) I knew our tax return would be able to help out with sales tax and because we never have that large of an amount just hanging around...I knew it was time to at least mention it. Last Saturday after Carson's game we went shopping. Car shopping. Valentine car shopping. Time well spent with my love. Just the 2 of us. In the last 8-10 days Mike has called everyone that he knows or even thought about knowing that had, will have or might even think about having anything to do with cars.
And you know that Mike knows lots of people.
Well we both really started praying about it. I prayed that the Lord would even send us to the right salesman. We ended up last Saturday at North Point Ford. Sam the salesman came out to meet us. We wanted to do a test drive. He was new so he had to go in and get Rich Whitaker a real salesman. He goes with us on a couple rides. As we're pulling out Mike mentions that one of the salesman out on the lot looked like Randy. Randy sold us our Expedition way back in 01. He was at a different dealership. It was indeed Randy. He remembered us. He should have as much grief that we gave him back then. So long story a little less long...we ended up dealing primarily with Randy. It was relatively painless. Thank you for that Lord.
We had driven another car that was used and 2 years old that I really loved! The vehicle we ended up getting was the same exact price as the used one.
Hello.
Not much of a decision there.
Everyone that Mike called to ask their opinion about the deal we were getting seemed to think that it was a 'heck of a deal".
I think Rich and Randy probably shared the sale.
If you need a great great salesman call Randy Doughty or Rich Whitaker.
Tell them that we sent you.
Seriously.
Call them.
We get a referral fee.
So call them.
Thank you Lord for a nice new little rig.
I like to drive it.
Did I mention that it has Sirius satellite radio? All kinds of channels that you could ever want....and some you don't! We'll have to read the manual to see how to block some of those channels.
Can you believe that?
Heck yeah!
It also has SYNC. Your cell phone comes over the radio and it's hands free. Rich the salesman set Mike's up.
We'll never get to hear the radio.
And I mean never!
post signature

1 comments:

Becky said...

I, too, bought my car because it had a moon roof. Everyone else called it a sun roof, but whatever....
I just needed to be able to stare at Heaven.
It's kinda hard to do as I drive, but I still manage.
:)