Friday, February 6, 2009

Turn Your Radio On

Kody called me this morning just as I was about to walk out the door to go to work. He told me to turn the radio on real quick to 103.7 The Buzz.
They 're talking about Lawson Phillips.
The Buzz and several other local radio stations do this 'Wish-a-thon' every year to raise money for Make-A-Wish.
I turned the radio on and heard Lawson's momma talking.
Mike and I cried.
Lawson's death had such an impact on Carson. Like I've said before he never really 'knew' Lawson that well although they did play on the same football team together.
During one of the Arkansas Twisters games last spring they invited Carson's team to scrimmage another one of our teams.
All of the boys participating received these #7 stickers seen here on Carson's helmet.
In memory of Lawson.
So as the old song says.... Turn Your Radio On.....
and make a donation in memory of Lawson.

post signature

0 comments: