Friday, February 6, 2009

It's In The Past

I know Thanksgiving is over.

It's way over.

But if you'll remember I couldn't post pictures for forever.

Well here's the Thanksgiving post.

We went to my PawPaw's house.

It was actually pretty low key. Not a whole lot of people there...just the important ones with the exception of my Texas brother)

I do believe it was one of the best Thanksgiving's that I can remember.

And I must brag on myself that we arrived ON TIME!

Everyone was shocked!

Usually we roll in about the time everybody is sitting down to eat.

We actually had to sit and wait for the food to be put on the table!

The pictures start out with Taylor...of course.

And here's 2 of my favorite people.

My Pawpaw and Mikey G.

Here's the barn door that Lindsey tore down.

She just hopped her little self right up there on it and it just came right off the hinges.

Now I could understand if I had gotten on it.

Mike doing the repair work.



Taylor and Kyle in a civil moment.

Her momma is really trying to hug her (and get in a picture)

Still working on it.

Lindsey (the destroyer) and Chase helping in the repair.

A view of the back of the house from the chicken house.

Still repairing.

Kyle in what Lisa thought was corn stalks. To be honest I did too by my mom tells me that they were just dead flowers (can't remember the name).

Kyle and Carson were fascinated by the horse poo.

You would die if you even knew how many pictures I took with them posing with/by horse manure.

I guess that's what boys do.

Another civil moment.

I'm sure they were muttering something rude to each under their breath.

Kyle use to hate having his picture made.

He now likes it just like his sister.

That's the chicken house behind him.

Lindsey Adelle.

Ahhh...one of those sweet moments.

And I think they actually were muttering under their breath.

Chase and the ladies.





Visiting on the back porch.

My cousin Joe with my PawPaw and uncle Mel.

The storm cellar.

When I was growing up anytime I would hear on TV that a storm was moving through Saline county...we always knew where Stevie (my Grannie) would be.

I spent lots of time playing in and around this thing.

We knew that we had a chore when we got there.

Raking leaves.

Here's' the hottest raker ever.

And I'll show you why he's the hottest raker ever later.

Don't even think like that!

This is my PawPaw's mule. A different kind of mule than he's used to but none the less it helps him get up to the barn and where he needs to be. I think these are the coolest things invented...and way fun to drive.

That's just how Mutt rolls.

(Mutt is my PawPaw's name - not his given name)


Here is Mutt after Thanksgiving dinner eating his desert.

He's eating coconut cake (gag) BUT he's putting brown beans on top of his cake.

Don't even ask.

I have no idea.

That's just how he rolls!

That's my brother Kirk standing there laughing.

Look at that spread would ya.

Oh yeah...there's Mutt eating his beans and cake.

More visiting on the porch.

There's more of those corn stalk things

This is a box that was added on to the house when I was little. One of my PawPaw's many little projects. It was used to put fire wood in and it opened on the inside of the house where you could pull the fire wood from the box. A pretty ingenious idea I think. I do come from good stock don't I? We used to play in this box all the time - crawling in and out.

Fun memories.

The front porch.

Lots of memories on this swing, too.

This is a painting type deal of my grandparents that hangs in their hallway. Not sure about when this was but I LOVE this picture.




I have ALWAYS loved this doorknob that is attached to the front door. I would LOVE to have this some day.

Weird!

Becky I think you'll like this pyromania part of my post.

The end result of the raking.

And there he is...the hottest raker ever.

He had sweat dripping off of him.

Thanks honey for raking my PawPaw's leaves.



Kirk and my Dad also raking. Actually Kirk had his blower out.

He got off easy.

Don't you just love this little house? It's catty-corner from my PawPaw's. My mom said that my aunt's ex-husband lived in that house growing up. Hmm...something i never knew.

The girls.

Look how pretty and green that grass was.

Taylor and her momma, Lisa.


Chase Kyle Taylor and Lindsey

2 of the 4 of these children are asthmatics.

Smart thinking to play in smoke and fire!



Lisa and Nanna watching the excitement of the fire.



Kirk resting after a hard days work of blowing leaves!


The end to a great day!

Food and family.

What more could you ask for?

post signature

1 comments:

Becky said...

I can't beLEIVE you didn't call me to come and burn things with you! You also crack me up,..is it "Catty" or "Caddy" corner? (hiss,..spit,..claw,..)
Love you!