Saturday, August 25, 2007

Falcons, Hawaii and Pickles Gap

On Friday afternoon Chase and the Falcon band played at Cornerstone Church in Sherwood for Football Fan Fest. 'Little' Wally Hall did a remote with his show there. There was food and local high school coaches and players were invited to attend. Rick Schaeffer was the guest speaker (the biggest Razorback suck-up on the face of the planet...I would imagine that most you reading this do not know who he is). A video of the Falcon band is at the very bottom of this post.


The band

The Freshman trumpet-ier
All under the watchful eye of Karen Dismuke (aka Ms. D) the best band director around.
Carson was asked to hold music for the fluters-is that what they're called?
So Saturday started off with a meeting in Greenbrier. We left the house at 9:30 am and made it to GB in 40 minutes...flyin low. The meeting was in regards to a trip that Chase may....and I DO MEAN MAY get to go on. Lots of different high school bands (actually random students from those bands) from around the state have been invited. It's in Hawaii. I think they need chaperones and of course with Chase's asthma bein so bad and all, I would never send him alone...wink...wink! Wellllllllllll this trip is really, I mean REALLY expensive. But anyway, it sounds WAY cool and any donations would be accepted. Simply make your check payable to the Sanders Foundation. This, of course, will be tax-deductible. So on the way back from GB we stopped at Pickle's Gap. We've driven by it a hundred times but never stopped. The name...don't ask...I have no idea. But we did meet Chase's long lost twin brother there...take a gander.

Looks like a mean dude to me. All he needs now is a Harley.
These 2 goobers were trying to figure out some type of brain teaser. How many Sanders does it take....
Daniel Boone??
This was in the antique shop. I loved all the hats.

Harry Potter

Mike and I discovered that we really enjoyed the antique shop. Yes, even Mike! Pretty cool stuff to look at. We may just go do that again sometime soon. Oh yeah, they have a fudge shop, too.
Chocolate Fudge with caramel and nuts...doesn't look to appetizing but oh my.
Fudge + Diet = NOT!!!!

Click on the arrow.


So he doesn't have much rythym but he can sure toot his horn! I myself think they sound pretty darn good.

Headed to bed,
~Shannon

0 comments: