Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's Been A Good Day!

It's actually been very simple.
It started out early. A little earlier than I prefer on a Saturday morning but after all I was going to be of service. Or so I thought. Today was All-Region tryouts for high school band. North Pulaski was the host and I had signed up to work. Not sure what capacity I would be serving but put me where you need me.
Allison had come over last night so she and Chase could practice. As she was leaving she told Chase she would be over around 6:30.
AM that is.
What?
Why?
We're going to get do-nuts.
I'll take him. There's no need for you to have to come get him. After all I have to be there so don't waste the trip.
I hop in the shower. It's a little after 7. I was told that I needed to be there between 7 and 8. I hear the phone ring. Mike comes in the bathroom.
Did you know that Chase has to be there at 7?
No.
Allison said she told you that.
Ummm...no she did not.
Something about demerits blah blah blah.
He throws some clothes on and runs Chase to school.
(Hey Mrs. D.....I had NO idea! It's Chase and Allison's fault - they really didn't tell me. Of course I'm probably totally narking on Chase and getting him in trouble that you may not have even known about)
So anyway. I get to the school.
Late of course.
I know - I know - SHOCKER!
There's tons of people there already. There's no work for me to do. I stand around for a while feelng useless and finally sit at a lunch table in what in the 80's was commonly called the commons area.
Also known as the lunch room.
I sit with my friend Becky who is one of the most amazing people that I know.
Amazing. (You really are)
We had good conversation.
And conversation with good ole Ralph, too.
I skipped out for a bit to catch Carson's basketball game. He was playing his coolest ever friend Luke.
These 2 are way too dangerous together. I totally dread the teenage years with these 2.
SCARY I tell you!
Grab a bite of lunch and Mikey goes with me back to the school. On the way back to school Allison texts me and tells me that Chase made it (All Region)! OMG! What a big deal! I talked to him after his first time to play and he was not happy with his performance. Apparently it wasn't too bad now was it? He actually made first alternate which means that if some one doesn't show up then everyone slides up a 'chair' including him. And from what I understand it's likely that someone will not show up. That happened to him last year. He moved from 2nd band to 1st band.
Go Chase!
Not bad, dude!
We're finally getting the hang of this band stuff...and it's fun!
Anywhoo...there actually were so many people there to volunteer today that I was (and Mike) pretty much no help. We were there and we were of support. It's always a good problem when you have too much help, isn't it?
We left the school and stopped by by Wal Mart for a few things. A weekend is not full without a trip to Wally World, right?
Now it's home.
My favorite place.
There's lots of laundry to be done but that'll wait. I need a nap. I really don't like taking naps but today was different. Mike was in his easy chair channel surfing/sleeping and I was on our bed. I was awakened more than once by Carson. He was wanting supper. He knew that we were having his fave....red beans & rice. I do it the easy way. Open the package, add some sausage and go. I've actually cooked several times this week and really haven't minded it much.
What is wrong with me?
Laundry is laundering as I type, my love is cleaning the dishes ( I DO love that man) and here I sit.
It's been a good day.
Now if we can just get our tails to church in the morning.

post signature

1 comments:

Becky said...

Go CHASE!! Tell that fantastic horn honker that I said Congratulations!

by the way,..I think you are pretty amazing too.