Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's Here

Whether we like it or not 2009 is here. We spent the evening at the Blenden's last night. Just hanging out. It was 'pajama casual' and was I ever glad. We munched on snack foods and sat around and watched TV. Very nice...very low key. A sure sign I think that we are aging. We spoke last night of how we used to remember older people talking of how time flies and that the older we seem to get...well you know - time just seems to fly.
I really have no resolutions this year. I've never been one to make them - knowing that I won't keep them. Why bother trying to trick myself into thinking that I'll make an effort at doing anything. I must say I am a bit lazy, unorganized and a perpetual procrastinator. Resolutions don't work well for people like me.
I stressed less this year for Christmas. Well...I didn't let the stress that I actually was having affect me this year. It seems to be better every year. I've learned not to try and over due it. I would love to be Carol Brady or June Cleaver with a smiling face and create wonderful memorable Christmas traditions and hang the stockings by the chimney with care. That all stresses me completely out...especially when the kids were smaller. One year we did get the tree up and I think we even had lights on it. Have I already told you about this? It never got decorated. A very stressful year it was indeed. My mom won't let me forget the year of the undecorated tree. The last several years my sweet husband gets the tree out of the attic and up. He even gets it decorated. No stockings up this year. It's a story I should be embarrassed to even share. When Mike got the box down with the stocking and the tree skirt down from the attic he said it all stunk (would proper English be stank?) What? His description was that it smelled like butt. What? He brought them in. Oh my. Take that back out of here. It all started with a little boy's school lunch box. SOME HOW Carson's lunch box (WITH food in it) ended up in the Christmas decorations that eventually was placed in the attic. Poor kid. I hammered him mercilessly wondering where that stupid lunch box (and thermos) was. We're hoping the stockings and tree skirt can get aired out. So needless to say - I love my man for making my Christmas easier...although he does get the brunt of some of my Christmas frustration. I apologize and we rock on! I love that man!
I haven't blogged too much lately. Probably a relief for some...but obviously not since you keep coming back! After this last post I've been unable to post pictures. It's been KILLING me! When I would try to post pics blogger would tell me that I had exceeded my photo limit. What? NO! Blogger informed me that I need to obtain more storage space to store the pictures that I use. I did just that. Now they tell me that I have just totally exceeded my photo upload quota. Apparently an individual is only allowed like 2000 photos posted to a blog. Really? I mean come on! If I can't post a picture - then I really have nothing to say. Just kidding. I really need to sit down and figure out what to do to resolve this but I don't care to get on the computer at home because the chair is incredibly uncomfortable and our ancient computer is so slow it makes me cuss sometimes. Yeah. It does. It makes me cuss. The computer doctor/guru that I'm married to (that I love so much....see previous paragraph) is about to get on top of it I think. Not really on top of it but maybe inside it. We'll see. I haven't had time to post from work. I have been busy. This is new for me at work. I've been at this new position now for almost a year. I still love it but I've been busy lately. The new commissioner is a head hunter. He's been affectionately (and sometimes not so affectionately dubbed 'Raging Bull'. Here's an article about him from last week's Arkansas Business. He's put our little state agency to work, now! Check this out, too - this explains a little About what we do. I work for the two people mentioned in this article. Needless to say we've been busy...on top of the fact that I really shouldn't even be blogging from work. I know...I know - your tax dollars at work. I could get SO busted for doing it! So busy is good.
And back to my conversation about not posting pictures - I got a new camera for Christmas! Holy Cow! I LOVE IT! I took some pictures before Tammy arrived to take her pictures. Maybe eventually you'll get to see mine on here!
My parents got me photography classes Bedford Camera. I'm so pumped about it! I totally cannot wait.
So I know this is the most that you've heard (read) from me in a while. I don't always like to write (type) on here because I feel it's all about the nonsense of me. I had a few other things I wanted to chat about but I didn't want to totally bore you to tears...and Mike's is watching some movie with Matthew McConaughey in it. I must log off immediately and go watch him....ummmI mean snuggle with my husband.
Did I ever tell you the story that my brother told about Matthew McConaughey?
Remind me - I'll tell you later.
I need to go look at him!
I hope your New Year has started off right. I have not stepped out of the house all day. Just the way I like. I did finally bathe late in the day but did not wash my skank hair or put make up on. LOVE LOVE LOVE days such as this. I did make some black eyed peas, corn and mashed potatoes (instant of course - just the way my peeps like them) to go along with a roast that was made just for us - not by us but for us! Int he words of one Rachel Ray....Yum-o! Does she get on your nerves as bad as she does mine? Maybe it's just me. But anyway...I had no cabbage to fix today. Maybe later in the week.
It'll still count won't it?

1 comments:

Becky said...

Loading 2000 photos into one blog is something I will never never never have to be worried about. Posh,..I've still got room to load 1996 more! However, I am sure that the problem is an exercise in frustration for you, especially with a new camera!
I got one too! A "CoolPix" (Demi's husband always talks about it on TV).