Monday, March 23, 2009

Our Finest

Now that G-Ridge has been annexed into Sherwood we have the added protection of the Sherwood Police Department. Now Mike and I seem to be in the minority and love their presence. Soon after the annex became official SPD came into town on their horses...not literally of course. They were everywhere. A long time friend who was AGAINST the annexation was not happy about the presence of the SPD. He made the comment to us that he hoped that everybody who voted for the annexation got pulled over at least (I can't actually remember how many times he said). Whatever. I think it's crazy.
So for the last few weeks I've been working a 2nd job. It's only temporary. My sweet most precious husband has taken over our bills. Can I tell you how incredibly grateful I am for that? To be quite honest with you I SUCK at paying bills and all that money crap in general. Though it was H-A-R-D to give it up. Control I guess. I don't really know. But God and I talked about it. He finally had to fling me around a bit but I finally listened.
I digress.
I'm working the 2nd job to finish paying some bills off and possibly to take our family on a vacation this summer. Something we've not done in 5 years...since we went to Disney World. I think people need vacations. They're good for you. I'm working my butt off for the next few months so we can go on a vacation. For a week. But we'll surely be debt free...for the most party anyway! PTL!! This job consists of some driving. I don't mind a little driving...sometimes - if it doesn't take too long to get there. I'm the type that just wants to get there. So whilst in the scope of my employment the driving can be ummm well let's just say a little rushed. I know I've been driving fast...but I try to keep an eye out for the po-po.
Wellllll evidently I wasn't too keen on the cop watching because they nailed me Sunday night coming home from my moonlighting job. I was on Brockinton. Just as I looked in my rear view mirror thinking to myself that that car was sure nuff on my tail -
BLUE LIGHTS!
Dangit!
As I round the corner to pull over I figure I'll stop up there at the entrance to Gap Creek. Ummm....well - that is if I can find a place to pull over because there's already 2 stinking cops that have pulled over some poor unsuspecting victim! Sheesh! I pull around them just as they're releasing that poor soul. Anytime you see one SPD you're gonna see another. I have no problem with that. There's safety in numbers, right? So one of the officers stays as my dude prepares to hammer me....or so I thought.
I get out my license. He approaches.
His name - Officer Adams.
Humph.
Yeah.
Pleased to meet you.
Not really.
The reason I stopped you is you were doing 50 in a 35.
I didn't agree nor did I disagree.
He asks me what my husband does.
I replied "What do you need him to do? He'll do whatever you need him to do?
Seriously. I did say that.
I tell him where he works.
Hmmm. He said. I guess Sanders is a pretty common name.
I guess he thought maybe he knew my husband.
I'm sure he probably does - everybody else does.
He steps back to the car with my documents. In the meantime I hear sirens in the distance. As that nice little ol officer comes back to my vehicle I hear him talking into his radio saying "I got it". As he delivers my paperwork he tells me to drive safe and slow down.
Really?
Oh thank you nice police officer!
As I continue on my way home hitting the metropolis of G-Ridge I see another one of Sherwood's finest fixing to pull out of a neighborhood. He pulls in right behind me.
Really?
He follows me all the way to my neighborhood.
He follows me into my neighborhood.
OMG.
As I go up my street he peels off and heads the other way which also leads to my house. I back into my drive way and here he comes. He stops right in front of my driveway. It was Officer Phillip Gray. Phillip had already stopped by our house once on Sunday afternoon. He used to work at the after school program that Carson used to go to that was run by the city. He saw Carson out running with the hoodlums in our neighborhood and stopped to kick it with him for a minute. Of course when you see your kids head in a cop's car window and especially one of MY kids - it's a little unnerving. Mike and I went out to talk with Phillip. Really sweet and a little cutie, too.
Well to make this long story not so much longer Phillip heard nice little ol Officer Adams call my license in laster that evening after our little chat out in the driveway. I asked him when he stopped by as I was pulling in that night if he had heard me getting pulled over on his radio. He had.
Mike and I were in Wendy's on Monday evening catching a bite to eat. We're the only ones in the restaurant. In walks nice little ole Officer Adams. After ordering his food he walks into the dining area and I asked him if he he pulled me over last night.
I did was his reply.
I thanked for him for being so nice and he and Mike chatted (of course) and Mike told him he appreciated it also. Apparently Phillip had called him. YEAH for Phillip. It DOES pay to know people.
And I HAVE slowed down by the way.
For the time being anyway!
post signature

1 comments:

Becky said...

Where yall going for vacation?
And by the way,..I know how hard it is to get flung around by God.