Saturday, January 5, 2008

Dirty Windows

Christmas Eve. Bright and early...up and at 'em. After I got Mike to work I headed for more last minute shopping. Every year I say I won't do it. I won't procrastinate. It's just my nature. It's what I do. Procrastinate. I pick Mike up around noonish...we have lunch and head out for more shopping. Might I add....that Mike was almost the perfect shopper-husband-mate this year. He really kept a good attitude and did not ware one my nerves much at all. Thanks, babe! I always enjoy our time together! A quick trip to Target turned into a small mishap. I'm driving...only because Mike had been a little erratic behind the wheel for a few days. A small bit of rage and I had to take over. If you'll remember it was very sunny the day of Christmas Eve. My vehicle was actually pretty dirty. The windows were dirty inside and out. How do they get so nasty on the inside? Kids, I guess. When the sun hits those nasty windows it's not so conducive to umm...seeing. This big fat nice brand new SUV is behind us waiting for us to pull out...or so I thought. Start the car....seatbelt....check behind me.....reverse. Thud. WORDS! There goes that rage again. I backed into a girl that was also backing out at the same time. Thanks Ms. big fat brand new SUV for honking and warning the two of us. Thanks a lot. My big tall SUV hit the back quarter panel of the passenger side of her older Pontiac Grand Am...that already had some sort of damage to the rear passenger door. She had a small bit of damage. I had NO damage. Many apologies from me. She was really, really sweet. She called her husband and they chatted....all the while I let Mike do the talking. Did we want to claim it on insurance? Heck to the NO! There was some sort of monetary offer made by Mike at one point (whick I hoped she wouldn't take) - she never even mentioned it. She said several times not to worry about it....that she has been very blessed and it was Christmas Eve. She wrote up an agreement that we both signed stating what happened and that we agreed not to file claims. Thank you Lord. Thank You Lord that there are still nice people around.

0 comments: