Thursday, October 23, 2008

Flats and Fragility

Tuesday morning I had a flat tire.
I knew when I pulled out of the drive way it seemed to drive strangely.
I got to the end of the street and got out to check.
Sure nuf.
It was almost flat.
Mike had not left yet so I called him.
Me hero to the rescue.

Carson watching dear ole Dad.
Waiting with the spare.
Mike thought it a good idea to teach Carson how to change a flat.
I think he had fun learning and helping.
I'm sure people that were driving by were wondering why that man was just standing there making his kid do all the work.
A quick trip to the Brother-In-Law's shop in Jacksonville
LIBERTY TIRE
501.985.TIRE(8473)
Thanks Scott!!!
We were back rolling along.
Of course Carson was starving (yes, he's obviously a little tardy) we stopped by McDonald's for breakfast. After leaving McDonald's (with our coupon for free fries...you know-off the side of the McDonald's cups). Carson noted that the expiration date was November 13.
Carson: That's right after Dad's surgery isn't it?
Me: Yes he's having surgery the 12th.
Carson: What is he having surgery on?
Me: His knee.
(Now keep in mind Carson is only 10 years old and has no medical training what-so-ever)
Carson: The knee is the most fragile part in an old man's body.
******************
I told Mike about his son's comment.
After he laughed I think he wanted to give him a good whipping.
He just can't grasp the whole getting old deal.
post signature

0 comments: