Thursday, October 30, 2008

Open Mouth And...

So on a potty break this last weekend on the way up to Jonesboro I was outside of the bus talking to Tammy on the phone. Since I missed Carson's game she was filling me in on a few details. They played Oak Grove. One of the mom's in the stands (from Oak Grove) starts talking crap. Using incredibly bad language.

Incredibly.

She finished telling me and it was back on the bus. Me and Allison's mom Michelle and another mom friend were sitting right behind the bus driver.

Did I mention that we had a great bus driver AND a great group of kids? One or two were a little bizarre but that's to be expected I guess.

I digress.
So I start telling these two about what Tammy had been telling me about this skank from Oak Grove.

Cussing...acting stupid.
And in all my brilliance of not thinking before I open my mouth....I made this one little tiny comment.
"The only thing that comes out of Oak Grove is Darren McFadden and skank."
Yes.....open mouth and - you know what comes next - Insert Foot!
The bus driver turned around and glared.

At least I think she was glaring. She had on sun glasses.
Me: What?
Evil glare.
Me: Are you from Oak Grove?
Holy crap.
I've done it - - - again!
Bus Driver: Yes.
Me: Oh my bad!
(Backtracking trying to save my own tail)
And then I tried to explain the whole story of the skank mom.
Bus Driver never said anything else.
Whew!
I thought I was about to be on the receiving end of an Oak Grove butt whooping!
She was really nice, though!


Below is the Houston High School Band from Germantown Tennessee. Check out how huge they are and lawdy bee watch the Drum Major.
They had a great show!

0 comments: