Thursday, October 30, 2008

Focus...And Have Fun

Our last competition was Tuesday night at NLR High School.
NP kicked it!

The only band to receive a Division 1.
I hate the competition is over.

It just started!

Below is a video of Ms. D and her kids. She does this before every performance.


That's Ralph you hear hollering.
And that's the band talking back to Ms. D.


Confidence

Consistency

Energy

Entertainment

Focus

And...

Have Fun

A Funny Story


Saturday night on the way into the stadium I mentioned to someone that Chase and Allison have told me that a few people think that Ms. D and I look alike. Chase has told me that a couple of times.

So after NP rolled out of the stadium (with their bazillion trophies) we made our way out to the parking lot where the band was headed to eat. They were anticipating food (what teenager doesn't?) and were excited about their performance and their scores. They were all in a group in the dark parking lot. As I got closer to that band I could hear that they were chanting
Ms. D - Ms. D - Ms. D.

Well actually it sounded like Ms. De-e Ms. De-e Ms. De-e.

How cool is that?

They think so much of her that they cannot wait to see her and share in the excitement and success.

Because of their obvious I figure she must not be far behind me. But when I left the stadium I was sure she was carrying on a conversation with someone inside the stadium.

I turn around thinking she must awfully fast.

She wasn't behind me.

They were totally looking at ME!

Terrified!

I threw up my hands in surrender and told them that I was not Ms. D!

I must admit that the mob moving toward me freaked me out for a split second.

As I meandered through the crowd while they were munching their dinner there was a lot of conversation of how I look like Ms. D.

Chase said "I told you"
Maybe that's a little scary for you Ms. D...I hope not!

0 comments: