Thursday, October 23, 2008

Charlie Brown's Great Pumpkin

This post from a while ago indicated that I thought I had a watermelon growing in my back yard. I know-I know. I have never considered myself a city girl having been born and raised in Gravel Ridge. But I certainly have no clue about about watermelons, growing them or anything in relation for that matter.
That sweet know-it-all knowledgeable guy Lewis from church sent me the most sarcastic nicest e-mail a few days after I made that post.
He blasted me gently told me that it was NOT a watermelon.
I guess I would have found that out eventually.
I think the orange would have been a pretty good indication it it's a
PUMPKIN
Photos courtesy of Chase.
Thanks, dude.


Look at those little squiggly parts of the vine. I love how they're wrapped around those sticks.



It has grown quite a lot.
That's Chase's foot (with his orthopedic looking band shoe).





How many pictures of a gourd could we have taken? You know me...I like pictures!
Thanks for the info, Lewis. Stay safe on your deployment and I'll be praying for you and your family.
And oh yeah....thanks for laughing at me, Elizabeth!
Just yell at us if you need anything while Lewis is gone....seriously!
You know we're close by!
So Charlie Brown knew the gourd would be a pumpkin.
Obviously not me, Chawlie!

post signature

0 comments: