Monday, October 6, 2008

The San Francisco Treat!

Oh it's a treat alright but I'm not talking about Rice-A-Roni. I got an e-mail Thursday afternoon from a company that makes Xolair (the medicine that Chase takes by injection every two weeks for his severe asthma). Back in March of '07 they sent us (Chase and me [is that proper grammar?]) on an all expense trip to New Mexico. The trip was a conference for the Xolair patient to learn how to communicate with potential patients, physicians and the media about the drug Xolair. In other words to be an advertisement for them. It was a great trip for us. Just the two of us. There were hundreds of people there along with about 15 or so other teenagers that each had a parent with them. Chase met two girls April and Ashley on the trip. April is from southern Texas and Ashley is from Oklahoma. Both are sweet girls that he has stayed in contact with (he and Ashley actually had a 'long distance' relationship and we actually got to visit with April on one of our trips to Texas.
OK...so back to the e-mail. The e-mail was requesting participation in representing the company in a patient testimonial campaign. Chase was somehow suggested as a good candidate to represent Xolair in their campaign this year. Here are examples of what he'll be doing. Click here and then click on the word 'patients' to the left. Click on a picture of a patient and watch the video. This is what we'll be doing. They manufacture several different drugs. I spoke with the rep from the company on Friday. She explained the hole process to me and asked if Chase might be interested.
"The only thing is...it's at our offices in San Francisco."
Really? Hmmm. Let me think about.....YES.
I tried NOT to sound like a big goon when I told her yes, we would be interested.
We talked a little more.
The whole time I'm thinking...how in the world am I going to get Mike out there with us? I SO want him to go, too.
She wanted to know about any siblings.
Yes. He has 2. One younger and one older and they both actually are asthmatics as well.
"Do you think they would be interested in coming to San Francisco, too"
O M G!!!!
"And is there a Mr. Sanders?"
Fortunately....YES!
"Would he be interested as well?"
HECK YEAH!
So here's the scoop. They'll fly us ALL out on a Thursday do the shoot sometime in there and fly us back on Sunday. Here's the deal. They'll do a photo shoot and an interview. They'll also interview me. GAG!
"I'll need every one's sizes so that we can get wardrobe for you all."
I am SO trying not to get excited because they have to get information from our allergist first and it must be approved. It was kind of tricky deciding which weekend in November to choose, though. Mike will be having knee surgery on the 12th so I really needed to do it before that so he would be mobile. So looks like it'll be the the 6th thru the 9th.
We must be approved first!
I must remain calm.
But I'm so DANG excited!
post signature

1 comments:

Rowdymom said...

I'll be praying for you. This sounds like a wonderful opportunity. Might be the start of a career for our Chase. Once they capture that charisma on camera!