Saturday, October 11, 2008

Race Is On

Have you been touched in any way by breast cancer?
For the most part I have not and for that I'm truly thankful. I had a great aunt that developed it and I believe it was the reason for her death. I wasn't too close to her in the years before her death but I always liked her. She sure loved my Grannie.
Carson asked me the other day if I was racing. First off...if I was even in it I most certainly would not be racing. I did walk a few years ago with some great friends from my old church. FUN FUN times! We booked through that race, man. We got up right close to the starting line and we could see the prize...the finish line. Breakfast at Denny's! And man was it ever good!

That was a fun time, Lorie! I miss you girl.

I won't be 'racing' this year because I sprained my foot about a month and a half ago. I was getting out of bed one morning (late). My foot was asleep as I jumped up and I somehow twisted it. I knew it probably wouldn't be a good idea to walk 3 miles on it...and especially since I do so much exercising anyway!
Carson wanted to race with me. He begged. Maybe next year we'll do the Family Fun Walk.
Are you racing?
post signature

0 comments: