Sunday, December 16, 2007

Just call me Suzie

That's right. Just call me Suzie. Suzie homemaker that is. I spent ALL afternoon in the kitchen. Not my favorite place...at all! Yesterday didn't start off too well. I woke up pretty early and chilled on the couch watching a little tube. As Chase and Carson rolled out of bed I thought to myself...."today will be a good day". Um, so not really. I DVR Oprah and Dr. Phil everyday and I watched an episode of Oprah. It was on domestic violence. It left me with a really horrible feeling on top of Chase really hacking me off. So downhill it went! We started moving around and got out of the house around 10:30. We head to Sams where we have to buy at least 2 new tires. We really need 4....but really - at Christmas? The first 2 were $300.00! GAH! So needless to say that set me off even further! Bad day. The next two tires will have to wait until after Christmas. GAH! I even took some kind of anti-anxiety pill a friend had given me several weeks ago. We sorta shopped around Sam's for a while but I couldn't do much shopping because Mike let Chase come with us. Irritated again. We headed on to Carson's basketball game. I was just wound too tight and needed to go home. I would do nobody any good on the roads or shopping. I'd have to kill somebody. So I went home and took a nap. Naps aren't good for me. I usually wake up in an incredibly bad mood...and I did. I think that my stress came from the fact that I just all of the sudden have felt the stress of Christmas. And did I ever feel it! ALL DAY! A day that started bad and ended bad. I woke up a little more refreshed today. I decided I was gonna try and make some Christmas candy this afternoon. After spending time in the church nursery this morning we went to the grocery store. Here are the fruits of my labour.


Divinity and Rice Krispie treats. No Bake cookies

I just do not care at all to be in the kitchen. What possessed me today? Not sure. I guess I needed it after yesterday. I needed to decompress-in the kitchen...what was I thinking? I DID have fun, though. I made the Rice Krispy treats for Carson since he's anaphylactic to most anything else I might have made. I LOVE them myself. Today was my first go round with divinity. My first batch was pretty good but the second batch didn't 'set' as well. Carson can also have that. It's sugar and marshmallow creme. Who's allergic to that? The no bake cookies I also love! The second batch also didn't turn out quite so good. I threw most of those out. Too gooey...must have been too much heat where I 'dropped' them. I think I might even try to do some fudge later this week (like I have time).

~Shannon

(aka Suzie)

0 comments: