Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Motivation In The Form Of A Kid

I got suckered into letting a friend of Carson's spend the night Saturday night. He told Mike that our house was messy. You gotta know it's bad when a kid makes that comment. Mike saw my post about our messy house. I think he was pretty much mortified. I don't blame him. I really should be as well. Christina laughed at me, too. I deleted the post. I don't know what happened to me...when I morphed into such a horrible housekeeper. In the past I didn't so much mind cleaning. I absolutely despise it now. Why? I can't really put my finger on it. Does the fact that I hate it really justify not doing it? I don't think so. Anyway, I felt like a skank when that kid said that. It wasn't really dirty-per say, just messy...like he said. So I got on my horse and went to town. It looked much better after I put some things away and put away laundry. I am a horrible procrastinator and therefor I'll put things away later....but that's another blog entry in itself-have I said that before? So things are kinda better. I at least wanted it to be before all the Christmas garb got drug out.
Mike is back in Fort Smith. I have really enjoyed my time in front of the TV the nights that he's been gone. Don't get me wrong-I miss him like crazy. With my house picked up I feel like I can halfway relax. It's been nice although I am beginning to feel the stress of the impending holidays. I have way tons of shopping left to do. Maybe I'll invite the kid over to motivate me for that too.
~Shannon

1 comments:

Beth said...

The same thing happened to me before we moved. I got to where I never wanted to clean and felt like I never had time. Then all of a sudden I would realize my house was disgusting and I would get up and do it. One thing I learned in a Bible study I was in is that you can ask God for help with anything, even cleaning the house. I decided to try it out. When I would need to clean, but absolutely didn't feel like it, I would just say a prayer for God to give me the modivation to get up and get it done. And it worked! Just thought I'd share that with you so maybe you can try it sometime. I know we all struggle with juggling all our responsibilities and keeping a clean house and doing laundry and cooking and all the millions of other tasks we have. The first time Lanie came to my house she told me Dawson's room was really messy. LOL. Kids are so honest...gotta love 'em.