Thursday, December 6, 2007

Slacking


I've been slacking. I know it. There's nothing I can do about it. I was blogging at home but by the time I got on here and did 'my thing' it was SO late. I had to back off of the late night blogs. It seems I was getting up later and later each morning. Therefor, getting to work later and later each morning. A couple of days ago I was chastised at work for such. We have a new boss. The (not so new anymore democratic) Governor FINALLY got around to booting out or way republican commissioner. Our new guy starts next week. We're ready for a change. Time to start anew...kinda-with the new guy anyway.
Just so you know...I'm always late. Now that may come as a surprise to some of you...those that know how organized I am (sarcasm). The not-so-written rules at our office are that we MUST get to work before 8:30 (the work day starts at 8:00) or you must take an hour of leave time. Guess who's leave time gets knocked back each month a few hours? I hate it. I hate that I'm always late. I like being on time. Depending on my destination...I like to be early! Does it ever happen? Rarely. So the chastisement got me motivated. Isn't that what it's supposed to do? The last 2 days I've busted my big-ol fanny trying to get out the door to get myself to work at a reasonable time. And oh yeah...get Carson to school on time (which is a rarity, too. Sad, I know). Yesterday I got to work at after 8:15. Today, after a small fit before I walked out of the door, I got to work at 8:23. What the? I left a relatively reasonable time. Traffic. Both days. Figures. Why bother leaving early? I can leave the same time I normally leave and drive like a wild woman and get there at the same time.
I will persevere.
2Timothy 4:7.
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race,
I have kept the faith.
I will get to work on time.

0 comments: