Saturday, December 22, 2007

Par-tay!

For the last couple of years the girls that I'm closest to at work have gone out for 'our own' Christmas party. This year we walked down to the River Market and had dinner at Bosco's. One girl was sick so there were just the five of us. We always enjoys each others company. We each add such a variety to our group. We always exchange gifts amongst ourselves, too. This year I gave big tote bags that Susan monogrammed for me. Girl, you did a GREAT job---they were such a hit. I had their initials on one side and then on the other I had Proverbs 17:17...A friend loveth at all times. I should have had one done for myself as I was a bit jealous. I love my girls.
Thursday was my office Christmas party. We have a committee at work (which I'm STILL on) that deals with party's, hospitality issues, different things. It's always up to us to figure out a Christmas party. Somehow it always seems to get dumped in my lap to do it. The last 3 or so years (because everyone liked it so well) we've gone to Capriccio's in the Peabody. They serve a pasta bar at lunch. Oh my....GOOD! If you're downtown sometime-it's a must! This year it was decided that we would ride the trolley down to Cafe 42 inside the Clinton Presidential Library. It's always kinda fun to 'get out' with the people you work with...no matter how much you can't stand some of them. Just 2 weeks ago we got a new Commissioner. We usually get a new one after an election when the political party of a new Governor changes. We thought for SURE that after last January we'd be getting a new Commissioner. Sheesh....could Beebe have waited any longer? We were all SERIOUSLY praying for change. So far the new guy is awesome. He's a couple years younger than me. That's weird. You truly know you're getting old when your boss is younger than you and your preacher is younger than you. Ouch..that hurts! So anyhoo, once again-I digress. I think everyone enjoyed Cafe 42. I only heard of one person's grumblings, which isn't bad out of 33 people, but why do I take such offense to that? I'm the one that planned EVERYTHING...that did all the calling of different restaurants, made the reservations, confirmed the reservations, called about trolley information sent out the e-mails blah-blah-blah. And some people make such big deals out of crap. I'M NOT DOING IT NEXT YEAR....do you hear me? I want off the committee (it's time anyway) and next year I'm gonna be the one that sits backs...and does nothing but gripe! OK...so how's that for a little Saturday morning rant?
After we get back from lunch I head to Carson's party at school. I get to help serve cupcakes that are in the shape of a cake. GOOD LORD....the icing was like 2 inches thick. I could barely cut it with a plastic knife...and I'm not lying! So I see this young guy walk in the some goodies for the party-I just thought he was young looking dad. I'm busy serving the 25 pound cupcakes and Carson comes over tot ell me that a celebrity is there.
I look up..."where?"
Carson - Pointing, "Over there."
Me - "Who is he?"
Carson - "I don't know...he's plays pro baseball."
Me - "What? Go find out his name."
Carson - "D'Marcus"
Oh my gosh...then I holler (yeah I said it - I hollered) across the room at him. It was D'Marcus Ingram. He used to play ball with Kody and Mike used to coach him in baseball at our park. His little sister is in the class and he came to visit the party. He's playing in the minors for the Cardinals. And let me just add that the boy is GOOD! I got a hug and we chatted for a bit while he signed autographs. He laughed at how big Carson is now and commented on how bad he used to be...(or still is?!?!) Carson was cool because he knew him and some of the little girls in the class were a little smitten with him. D'Marcus had his moments with attitude when he was younger (but which of them didn't?) but I'm really excited that he's doing so well.
Carson's letter to Santa.

Carson with D's hat on.
Signing Carson's shirt.
What?
That's a uniform shirt!


All the guys in the class. D'Marcus was really great with all the kids.
Carson sitting at his teacher's work table....telling her that she's fired!
Notice the mess from the cupcakes.

The gift for me and Dad.

Chase just left for a party this morning. It's a party for the officer's in the band and it's a pajama party.
I'm about partied out-
~Shannon

0 comments: