Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Psalm 107:29

He calms the storm.



After a rain storm this afternoon...on the way to church....with a car load of kids.


Coming out of the McCoy's neighborhood Mike drove through a huge puddle of water. Of course it made a huge spray and of course the kids thought it was the coolest thing. It's something Mike has always done after a rain...our kids have ALWAYS loved it and Samuel and the little ones did as well. Samuel told us the Aaron used to do that, too. He did it once on his motorcycle and ended up soaking wet. He was so excited to tell that story...you could tell that the memory was a joy for him. I encouraged him to write that in the journal that I got for him. Mike was also encouraging of that. He told him that he would really want to come back and read those things later on. Maybe he'll do it. I hope so. Lanie wasn't so sure about going in to her class tonight. Mike and I took her into the sanctuary but told her that she had to be real quiet and real still. Mike would never make that little dumplin do anything she didn't want to do (within reason). We sat on the back row...she soon decided that she 'wanted to go to Cubbies'. And away we went. I like Wednesday night church. It seems so informal and since Awana's lets out late, I like to sit around and chat...fellowship. I love my church.

Mike pulled the car around underneath the awning at the back of the church so we could load all the kids. As a matter of fact, that was the last place I chatted with Aaron...while they were loading kids in that very spot. So Mike pulls around and has the radio on as I put Bennett in his car seat. Queen's We Will Rock You was on and Bennett started to sing it...mind you he's only 2 and he was rocking out to Queen. Pretty funny. We had fun on the way home with Radio Disney blaring.
Don't tell the military wives, but Christina and her mom re-painted her kitchen. She was very glad of the job that they had done but she just wasn't sure of the color. It's a new color now. I like this one much better, too.

On Christina's mantle tonight I noticed a picture that I had not seen before. A picture of her and Aaron. She didn't have it in a frame. I picked it up and asked her about it. It's a picture from the military formal that they attended just before the accident. She said that she got it in the mail today. She told me that when she got the package she told her mom..."There's a package in the mail and it's Aaron's handwriting...it's addressed to us." They used part of the receipt that Aaron had filled out for the pictures as the mailing label. Goosebumps. I told her I thought it was a little blessing. I think she agreed.


There's always sunshine after the rain.

~Shannon


1 comments:

Jeanne robinson said...

Shannon,
I would like to take this time to thank you so much for your blog. What a blessing you are. Thank you for helping Christina with those beautiful children of hers. I will contune to pray for you as well as the Mccoy family. God Bless,
Jeanne Robinson