Friday, November 16, 2007

Favorite Foto Friday

After the season's last football game-FINALLY!
Smile, Carson!
I haven't really felt much like blogging this week. Well, I have, but it seems that I just kinda sit in front of the computer and stare. Writer's block?
No updates on Lawson. Still hanging on as far as I know. How incredibly brutal can that be? Makes me shudder.
Carson has been home sick all week. He went to school on Monday but has been home the rest of the week. I think it's a sinus infection which has flared his asthma up, which I think has turned into an upper respiratory infection. I'm finally taking him to the doctor today. I tried to get him in yesterday but they were booked so we're going in this morning. We'll be seeing Dawn Martin. She is such a great doctor. We go way back to high school together. I would have never dreamed that she would have been a doctor. She's good at what she does and we love her. I really should have gotten him in earlier. I did actually have an appointment for him on Tuesday but Mike said that he had started feeling better so we didn't go. I knew I should have gone anyway. That's the same day Chase had an orthodontist appointment that I totally forgot about. I'm sure he needs a ton of meds.
I guess it's time to gear up for Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday. Why? I guess because it's about family...and oh yeah, eating! We had our pot-luck at work yesterday. It was alright. The same ole food. I made a sweet potato casserole. It was a recipe I got off of the internet. I got lots of compliments on it. I sometimes make one that was Mike's Dad's recipe with marshmallows on top. It's SO good but this one had nuts and brown sugar on it....I Like! Our office will probably go out again this year for Christmas lunch. We've done this the last few years. The last 3 years we've gone to Cappriccio grill in the Peabody. They have a pasta bar that is SO good. You should try it sometime. Oh my gah, it's so good. We'll be meeting today to discuss our Christmas luncheon....if some people will get their stuff together!
No great plans for the weekend. I need to get tires on my vehicle. BLAH! That's what I need to spend money on...right here at Christmas. I also need to clean my house. It's nasty. I think I'll be enlisting the rest of the fam to help out with that.
Should be fun-
~Shannon

0 comments: