Sunday, November 4, 2007

Please Don't Forget About Me!

I've been faithful. I promise. I really have.

I've tried to be faithful in keeping you informed. Keeping you in the know about the McCoy's. In the process you may have learned a little about myself, my family and friends. Probably more than you ever wanted to know...like where my sister-in-law ran into a fence at the house that they grew up in. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I never intended on this blog being what it has turned into. I now think that it was a directing by God that I start this. Little did I know that a few short weeks after I began this journey that I would be keeping people all over the world informed and connected. Keeping them (you) in the know about the loss, our loss, of Aaron McCoy. Those of you who are not familiar with the little ones in of the McCoy home have hopefully come to know them and come to know the older ones a bit better, too. To know that they are great kids who have suffered great loss. To know that through our fervent prayers, our encouragement and help - they will be OK. This being said...I have to announce to all of you that Christina has begun her own blog. Oh, but wait,....Please don't leave ME!! Please promise that you'll come back to visit me now and then. Just after the accident Mike and I talked of possibly getting Christina started on her own blog-if she was interested. Mike thought it might be a good idea that in a couple weeks after things settle down for her that we suggest it to her. The evening after Aaron's service at our church, we stopped by the house to visit with the family as they all headed back to Pennsylvania. Christina told me then (without my suggestion) that she wanted help in starting her own. I told her I would be happy to. She e-mailed me this week. She's ready. We spent Friday night at her kitchen table cyphering this world of blogging out together. She has family everywhere. You will now be connected and kept abreast of the latest happenings in the McCoy household. Please remember to pray for them. I am amazed at Christina right now. She has gone through this journey so far, with grace and dignity.

There are others who have now started blogs. Stacy Wilson, Beth Stauffer, Laurie who is a friend of Christina's from Florida, Aaron's incredible sister Leah and not to forget Amy, who was my inspiration for starting my own. Through you girl, others have been blessed.

Christina and I have spent a little time together this weekend. Friday night with our blog-out session and Saturday evening after a tearful phone call. I dropped what I was doing and Mike and I headed to the house. Mike took care of the kids (tickled them and wrestled with them) while I tended to Christina and her blog. Her blog was frustrating her! It wasn't funny at the time of the phone call but today...I'm getting a chuckle out of it. That's what we're here for. A bad day. She'll have those. More now than ever I would imagine. Tears are OK. We've had some good talks. I'll be calling a wonderful friend, Becky, who lost her daughter 3 years ago. We may all do lunch one day. I know Becky could be a friend and a help to her. Don't get me wrong...Christina is OK. The kids are OK. Please keep them close and remember them in your quiet times. They'll need it for a long time to come.

The links to Christina's blog and the others i mentioned are listed on the right hand of my blog under My Fave's.
Don't forget about me!
~Shannon

1 comments:

Christina said...

Hey Lady,
They won't forget about you. You are the one who will keep them informed of how we are really doing :) good or bad. YOu and Mike are such a blessing to my life. No one would just drop what they are doing to go help someone else out. You both are awesome. Mike you remind me alot of Aaron in some ways. Shannon and I were talking the other night when you were refereeing and you and Aaron were very alike in some ways. I don't know I would get through this if I didn't have the Lord and friends to help me through it.