Sunday, November 25, 2007

Our First Date

Our first date was here....


Cinema 150 on University Avenue in Little Rock.

It was Thanksgiving Day 1986.



I called Mike earlier in the morning (even though I wasn't supposed to call boys) and we chatted. He and his Dad were about to head out to his sister's house in Memphis. We actually were both dating other people but I called anyway. We talked for a while and I had to get down to my Grandparent's house in Bauxite. We did the holiday thing and then my brothers and I headed back home. I called Mike's house...just in case he might be home. HE WAS! His dad had car trouble and they turned around and came home. Divine intervention! We made plans to go see a movie. He had already seen it...but I had not. Cinema 150 was the best place to see this particular movie....AND we probably wouldn't run into his girlfriend all the way out there. I had already made plans with my boyfriend at the time
. We were supposed to go with a couple friends out to the base gym. We did. I was anxious to get home. Remember...I had already tried to break up with him but he cried on me. What's a girl to do? So we go see Top Gun. If you want to watch this video, click on the pause button (the ball that the little orange man is sitting on) to stop the music-although it is a great song. He picks me up in his other sister's car and go to the movie. We were both nervous when we got there. Both of us keeping out eyes peeled for the 'girlfriend'. We sat thru the movie just fine...Mike resting a hand on my leg. Hmmm...do you think he really likes me? The movie, as I'm sure you all know by now, was great. That was THE best place to watch it.
Needless to say we always watch Top Gun

Volleyball scene
And the towel scene!!!
Pete Mitchell....'Maverick'
It all ended up with this
Juts another reason that I love Thanksgiving-
~Shannon

0 comments: