Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Update

Lawson Phillips
Carson playing QB (high black socks)
Lawson is to the right of Carson with the mid-calf black socks.
Lawson # 7 on the ground.

Carson # 6 - Lawson # 7
Lawson facing the camera

Update on Lawson



Yesterday I spoke with a long time friend who goes to church with the Phillips family. Their boys have been buddies since infancy and they visited the hospital on Monday. As of right now, Lawson is still hanging on. My post from Monday was wrong...as was all the e-mails flying around about him. He was sent home on Saturday for the weekend and became ill (throwing up, trouble breathing) at home. He was placed on a vent and it was determined that there was no brain activity. The vent was removed on Monday and he continues to hang on. His parents will not leave out of his bed...his mother having to be fed by someone as she will not leave him...begging him to stay. The option to go home on hospice was given to them yesterday for comfort, but they've declined and decided to stay at ACH.

Pray for them, please. Pray for a pain-free, comfortable passing.

My friend Tammy that took action shots during football has some great pics of Lawson. Besides Carson(because we're friends), she has more pictures of Lawson that anyone else on our team. She has a great one of he and Carson together. I'll get it soon. She's having action posters made for his parents, which I believe will be from our team and the Twister organization. They will be wonderful treasures for them.


I will update with more info as I receive it.


~Shannon

1 comments:

Stacy Wilson said...

Hey girl! I copied off of you and put that Brad Paisley song on my blog too! I Love that!