Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Thanks Hezy

I thought in light of Arkansas' win last Saturday it was time to tell my story.

The picture below is Hezekiah Smith also known as Hezy. He's the Hog that Kody played High School ball with. He's a great kid.

Last year right before Christmas my brother, Kody and I were at Park Plaza shopping. I told Kody as we were walking into Gap that Carson had mentioned several times that all he wanted for Christmas was for Hezy to get him a jersey signed by Mitch Mustain. Kody thought that was kinda funny and decided that he would call Hezy.

Kody: Hey man, what's up?

Hezy: I'm out shopping.

Kody: You're out shopping? (as my eyes start to bug out!) Where at?

Hezy: Park Plaza.

Kody: Park Plaza? (looking at me with a huge smile) Where at in Park Plaza?

Hezy: In the food court.

Oh My Gah! So, Kody tells him what Carson wants. Hezy knows Carson because every Thursday nigth before a football game several of us football moms would get a meal togeher and feed the football boys up at a pavillion by the school. We loved doing it and of course Chase and Carson would always tag along. Carson always harassed most of the guys (shocker, huh?) so they all knew him.
So Hezy tells Kody that he can do it. He'll take the shirt with him to Orlando to the Capital One Bowl and have it signed then. How cool is that? So we run over to the Houndstooth store and I go ahead and get a shirt for Chase, too. Kody calls him back and we meet him out in the mall. I introduced him to my brother and we chatted for a while. Kody told him that he was going to the bowl game and they decided that they would hang out there and Kody would pick the shirts up then. Of course I just layed it on thick telling him how much I appreciated it.

I love this kid.

He got tons of signatures on each shirt. Lots of people from the offense.

This is Hezy's #37.
Carson's shirt.

Chase's shirt.
Markus Monk #85

The infamous Mitch Mustain
Robert Johnson #18
Ben Cleveland #86

Kicker Jacob Skinner...he's the one that did that crazy thing with his arm upa nd down in the air. He was one of Kody's favorites.
Felix Jones #25

Chris Baker

Chase Pressley
Cedric Washington

Mason Templeton #80
Not sure who #89 is...the roster has 2 #89's listed.
Can't really make the name out either.


Tony Ugoh #66
Now plays for the Indianapolis Colts
Not sure...
Casey Dick #11
Brett Goode #51
Jeremy Harrell #67
Robert Felton #61
Jeremy Davis #50
Reggie Fish #7
Andrew Davie #82
D-MAC....Darren McFadden #5

Run D-MC...McFadden
Heisman Trophy candidate Darren McFadden
After the bowl game Kody and his buddies called Hezy and met up with him at the team hotel, to hang out and to get the shirts. I had gotten Kody a new digital camera for Christmas and told him to take lots of pictures. He took it to the game and took pictures from halfway up in the stadium of McFadden running the ball. Dumb pictures. Did he take the camera when he went to meet Hezy...NO! I guess that wouldn't be cool. He said McFadden and several others were in the lobby when they walked in. Anyway, London Crawford was Hezy's roommate and the guys got to meet him. Kody said he was the coolest. He said that he walked in the room with a huge bathrobe on and Timberland's (hiking boots).
Thanks a billion, Hezy - I owe you.
~Shannon

1 comments:

Amy said...

Shannon,
Only you would notice that I was early on my Favorite Foto Friday (since you are the inventor of it...aren't you!?!)! I knew I wouldn't have time tomorrow. Going out of town to scrapbook and I didn't want to miss it. I think this is my 4th Friday in a row to post a fav photo. Have a great weekend!
Amy