Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Amazing


I heard from Becky Russell today-picture above. One of the most amazing women - if not THE most amazing woman that I know. I e-mailed her a devotional that I had read earlier today. The ending of the devotional, which was written by Max Lucado, talked about our 'coming home'. For the few that might happen to read this that don't know...Becky lost her oldest daughter Jae Lynn in a car accident March 18, 2004. Jae is on the left in the above picture. She was killed along with 2 other girls-all cheerleaders on spring break...going fishin'. I've known "of" Becky for a long time. My dad and her dad worked together for lots of years at the Jacksonville Post Office. Becky's husband Ralph...well...how do you explain Ralph? I guess you can figure out which one he is in the picture. He was one of my teachers in High School-one of my 2 favorite teachers. Ralph has always been very special to me. We got to know Jae through Kody. He was Jae's boyfriend at one point in Jr. High. Long story short-through Jae's death I have gotten to know Becky. And what a blessing it has been to become closer to this family as we share a tiny part of their grief. The ending of the devotional spoke of how our friends and family will rejoice at our 'going home' and that when we get there...the Lord will cup our chin in his scarred hands, wipe away any tears and say 'Welcome home'. When I read it...I thought of Becky. She replied to my e-mail and told me basically that she was glad that I sent it. You see, Becky's daddy died last week. The patriarch of a pretty amazing family. She wasn't sure that I knew - about her daddy...I did (I had already sent the family a card). She said "I bet he (speaking of her daddy) is still hanging on to his granddaughter. I am jealous". Becky has so much to look forward to. Her trip 'home'. I'm sure it won't come soon enough. She told me once that she thinks that the Lord will rejoice in the reunions of loved ones in heaven. I think so too, Becky. Jae's birthday is soon. I'll post a video of her then. I'm still shocked that it happened. You'll see a glimpse of the beautiful and most amazing daughter that Ralph and Becky raised. Pray for Becky and her family. If I could only be half the person that Becky Russell is....

I went to church tonight. First time in a while that I've been to a PM service. No preaching tonight. Steven felt lead to just have a time of testimony. I love my church and I love my pastor. I needed that...the encouragement. Time to get our hiney's back in gear. The Sanders' are back...Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night!!!

I'm alone tonight-without spouse. Mike is at Doug-E Fresh's house in NW Arkansas for work. Lots more traveling in the future for Mikey-P. That STINKS! I think I'll go to bed -alone- and spend a little time with just me and God. Why he loves a sinner like me...
Amazed,
~Shannon

0 comments: