Sunday, September 2, 2007

Date Night

Friday night ended up being "Date Night' for me. Here is my date...

After all my worry about the parking issue, this is where we parked....right at the gates to the stadium. SWEET! Mike had to get there at 6:00 so we just rode with him. Game time was 7:30. My date and I had a little more time to just sit and chat.
Mike after an urgent pre-game call for an inhaler.
Lots of pre-game activity. Carson taking it all in. Pretty cool run-thru. What an exciting time. I LOVE football.
GOOSEBUMPS!
Notice the biggest sponsor on the scoreboard. How much could that have cost? How bout a little raise, huh?
The referee of Mike's crew, Gander. He made it on the big-screen. That's Jancey Sheets (Channel 4) behind fim. She did the coin toss. She's really tall. I would have never guessed.
The first of 3 snacks that he sweet talked me out of. Notice who he's lounging on.
FINALLY....Benton's first and only score. It took long enough!
This was actually the third treat.
Mike and Shelby. My camera does not take good distance pictures. There was a huge crowd. Over 23,000 people in attendance.
Mike and his crew.
Mike with the measurement.
Clint Stoerner (former Razorback QB) was to present the trophy after the game. I actually think that this is his best side. I HATE the hair and he's not too much to look at. In front of him is Shane Broadway the state rep or senator or whatever he is from Saline County.
The final score.
Mike and Shelby. Shelby's a great guy.
Carson striking the Heisman pose. He got to go out on the field after the game. Future Heisman Candidate. Watch out D-Mac.
Hated for my date to end,
~Shannon

1 comments:

Amy said...

Shannon! Your blog is AWESOME. I love all your pics and especially the journaling. I know that watching Mike ref is one of your favorite things to do, so I know you had a great time. You are an inspiration to me! I love ya!
Amy