Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Stupid socks.

A couple weeks ago Steve Brown, Mike's co-worker and buddy, asked him if he wanted to make some extra money. Duhhh! So last Saturday Mike and Steve went to Batesville and helped cater an event for Young's Catfish. They cooked a bajillion burgers, chicken patties and dogs. We have a bajillion burgers in our fridge now. They had TONS left. This is what is sitting on my kitchen table. BUNS...and lots of them.
Burgers anyone? Fresh buns...just come over and give 'em a squeeze.
Last Thursday Mike was coming in from out-of-town and had a game (to referee). There was NO way that he could get home and get his uniform and get there by 5:30. So guess who had to go ALL the way home from work and get his stuff and go ALL the way to CAC to get it to him? Yepers...it was me. So he tells me 'Don't forget my hat with all my stuff stuck down inside of it'. That urked me. 'Have I ever forgotten anything when I pack your stuff for you?' Pssshhhhttt! WRONG ANSWER! SOOOO.....I fly home, pack his stuff, grab Carson and get all his football garb because he has to be at practice by 6:00. So, ummm, I told Mike that I would leave work at 4:00. Ummm...I didn't. I left at 4:30 when I was supposed to leave. WRONG ANSWER! I got stuck in traffic in front of the big pentecostal church. Humongo traffic jam. It was 5:20. No way was I gonna make it. So, yeah, we had already had 'words' by this time. Now mind you, Mike and I rarely fight. I know, you may all think that we're the perfect couple. But really - we're not. Sshhh...I know...calm down. IT'S OK! We're NOT perfect, Lorie-(love ya, girl).
I finally pull up to CAC at about 5:35. Mike finally saunters over to the car as I get out and grab his bag out of the back seat. As I go to pick the bag up it all of the sudden dawns on me that I forgot to pack THESE!Holy crap! (Only imagine they were a little cleaner than this). OH MY...how was I to react? Of course my defense mechanism kicks up (shocker there) and I blame it on him(another shocker). He should have left NW Akansas earlier. You knew you should have gotten all your crap together before hand. It was not a nice exchange of words in the parking lot of Central Arkansas Christian. It was my fault. My bad. I forgot the STUPID socks. I went into the SAME drawer and got a regular pair of white socks and never even thought about those other STUPID socks. And what really made me mad was 'Have I ever forgotten anything when I pack your stuff for you'. Once again, my bad. OK, so I have to go A L L the way back home to get his STUPID socks. I call Academy Sports on the way thinking just maybe they had some. Nope! A L L the way back home. So I figure I'll drop Carson off (thanks Chip, for looking out for Carson, AGAIN) at practice before I go ALL the way back to CAC. As I'm dumping him off at practice I go to open his door to let him out so I can help him get his pads on. It was locked. As I flipped the handle to the locked door it ripped my finger nail to the quick. Grrrr! So he unlocks it and as he gets out steps on my flip-flop clad feet with his cleats. Oh yeah....that was NICE! I have another just like it that you forgot to romp on. At this point I just DID NOT care. So I go ALL the way back to CAC. I sit there. Where the crap is he? I'm getting just a mite bit miffed. I look around and get back in the car. I'm getting hacked. I get out once again just to check out the scenery and see where his skank butt is. He's out on the field....refereeing! WHAT! I've been driving like a mad woman (my poor Expedition was SO tired) and you are already out there? Grrrr! He had on plain white tube socks. HA! SO about that time the game is over and he comes running up the hill. Here. Here's your STUPID socks. Sorry...it was my fault (ooohhh-that hurts). My fingernail, my toes and my pride have recovered.

Last night we were laying (or is it lieing - is that even spelled right?) ...OK- so we were in bed. I was dieing (is that spelled right, too) for some chocolate milk. I never-hardley ever-drink chocolate milk. I whined of my desire for coklit milk (as Makenzie Burks would say) a couple or 10 times. My little honey-yeah I like him again-journeyed to the goshey (grocery) store and fetched this. We, together, betwenxt the two of us, pert-neer killed it off. It was spontaneous. Thanks baby...you da bomb!

Spontaneity...it's the spice of life (huh, honey- wink wink),

~Shannon

0 comments: