Monday, September 10, 2007

Has It Already Been 20 Years?

Kody's birthday. 20 years. I remember soon after he was born one of the older ladies from church came by to visit. I remember her telling me that he'd be in kindergarten before I knew it. I sat there thinking...'seriously....I'd just like to get through his first night at home'. Well...it must be 'before I know it' because he was 20 yesterday. Gah!

Eating his favorite-Mexican Chicken in front of the TV watching football. Yeah, he's happy.
Pay no mind to the mess in the floor. Partly his and partly Carson's.
This is the very first picture ever taken of Kody. That's my mom holding him. Sorry it's such poor quality but this is actually a picture of a picture. I don't have a scanner-my computer geick (sorry honey) 'IT' husband said he would check into getting me one.
Here he is at one day old. He is being held by his Aunt Lisa in this picture. Do you remember that, Lisa? I remember you sitting holding him and bawling. Wow, what an emotional time. If you've never heard 'our story', ask me when you have plenty of time. It's a God thing-definitely. Me holding Kody. Yeah, I was TINY then. Even after childbirth. I've got some great pictures of Mike and I with him, which is amazing in and of itself (that we were even in the same room together). Maybe I'll blog about that sometime soon-when i get a scanner (wink wink, hi honey!)

9 days old. This is a preemie outfit and it swallowed him. He was so little.
1 month. I LOVE this picture.
I think this is his 3rd birthday. The 3rd birthday cake that he had that year. He was rotten even then.
So, I hope you had a good birthday, Kody. Lounging around all day....eating ALL of the Mexican Chicken and watching football. Good thing we're getting you that gym membership - work off all that birthday dinner.

Time's a flyin',

~Shannon

0 comments: