Monday, September 24, 2007

FALCONS WIN!

I KNOW...CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? Nobody else can. They DID actually win. I think it was like 39-14 or something like that. Not only a win but a butt-whoopin'. You would have thought they won the state championship. It may be the only high school football win some of those kids will ever experience. Sad. It's the first win in 30 something games for NP...yeah, that's like 3 years. Sad. BUT - Chase got to wear his uniform...even with the plume on the hat. Did I have my camera....NOOOOOO! We had the video camera but I have no idea how to put that on here. I'll have to learn that some other day. NP plays at Beebe this Friday. My nephew Lane plays in the band at Beebe. He plays percussion and he's REALLY good. Chase will get to perform, too. Kind of exciting for our family.


There was a softball clinic up at our park this weekend. Jennie Finch put it on. Most men that know anything about sports knows who Jennie Finch is. She is a former USA olympic softball player. A pitcher. She is good and she is hot. Just google Jennie Finch. Kody begged me to go take pictures of her because he was at the other side of the park umping fall baseball. We drove by and saw her but we had been at football all morning and it was waayyy too hot. I tell you that to tell you this...it was announced on the radio (sports talk)a couple weeks ago that she was coming.
Our preacher Bro. Steven calls Mike. He left a message. He knows how much time Mike (we) spends at the ball park. He told Mike he heard that Jennie Finch was coming to town. He said he was concerned about him. That as his pastor he just wanted to know where his heart was. Cracked us up. This is Steven. Funny, huh. He doesn't look very pastoral.
That picture was taken the summer of '06 when I went on the choir tour with Chase and our youth choir. He was playing cards in the back of the bus with a bunch of kids. That's actually a pretzel stick...not a stogey. Steven was the youth pastor at the time. I am so thankful that I got to tag along on that trip. I got to know him a little better. He is now our Senior pastor and he's our age. Mike and I love him. What a great guy - even though he is a Tennessee Volunteer fan.

That brings me to my next subject. Houston Nutt. Sorry coaching. Nuff said.

Carson's team also lost. But he played really well.

I have a picture just like this of Kody.

Team captain on the right....#6.
Brittney and JJ's wedding. It was the most beautiful wedding and reception that I have ever been to. WOW! And once again did I have my camera? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Mike and I had fun. We got to see some old friends and some kids Kody used to run with.

I'll leave you with Pete and Re-Pete.
That's the weekend in a nutshell.
Not looking forward to Monday,
~Shannon

0 comments: